Discover why an Olympian chose PureFlax flax seed oil to feed his event horse for the Olympics
SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
Your Privacy Is Critically Important To Us
At PureFlax we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We do not sell your data.
- We do not share data unless compelled by law.
- We only ask for personal information if it’s needed to provide a service.
Who We Are
What Personal Data We Collect & Why We Collect It
Data is collected by PureFlax and its employees, sometimes for the sake of branding and marketing.
We collect names, company names, postal addresses, email addresses, domain, social media handles and relevant notes that enable us to better support our clients.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We will avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included and we ask you to do the same. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information submitted through the contact forms on our website are sent to our company email. The plugin, in itself, does not:
- track users by stealth
- write any user personal data to the database
- send any data to external servers
While we keep these form submissions for customer service purposes. They are never shared with third parties.
To serve you faster and with better quality, we use “cookies” technology. Cookies are small bits of code, usually stored on a user’s computer hard drive, which enable a Website or service to “personalize” itself for each user by uniquely identifying your browser.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Further guidance on how to control cookies in your browser can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Our Site Uses The Following Cookies:
- Google Analytics Cookies: these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behaviour on the site. Google Analytics cookie usage on websites can be found here: developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Limit Login Attempts Cookies: This is used by the Limit login attempts plugin to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
- WooCommerce Cookies: these are used by the WooCommerce plugin to track visitors and their purchased items in the cart.
- WordPress Cookies: these are used by WordPress as tiny pieces of information stored on your computer, to verify who you are. There are cookies for logged in users and for commenters to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content, e.g. YouTube videos, images, articles, etc. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage
In addition to Google Analytics, we use the following statistics on our site for performance and monitoring:
- WooCommerce statistics: statistics regarding our sales, conversion rates and refunds etc.
What Is The Legal Basis For Processing The Data?
Data collected is done so on the basis of legitimate interest for the business activities of PureFlax, included also Recital 47 of the GDPR, “The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest.”
Who We Share Your Data With & How It Will Be Used
We will share your data with GDPR compliant Data Controllers for the legitimate business interests of PureFlax.
Data will be processed for the legitimate business interests of PureFlax.
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services and payment processors. This is done to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- PayPal: we use PayPal as our payment processor. During checkout, a client will provide login information and credit card info. This information is processed directly within the PayPal payment gateway – we do not save this data on our website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Data will be stored for the duration of a clients life with PureFlax and where data must be stored longer to fulfill duties of care and within the law.
If you leave a comment on our website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How We Protect Your Data
Data is stored on GDPR compliant servers with GDPR compliant Data Controllers.
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
All data subjects have the right of portability and disclosure of the data held by PureFlax upon submission of a Subject Access Request and the right of erasure if outside of the legitimate business interest of PureFlax.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For such requests, please email us here: pureflax.co.uk/contact-us
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address below or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How Can You, The Data Subject, Raise A Complaint?
We suggest all complaints are forwarded to the ICO: ico.org.uk/concerns
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
WooCommerce Online Store Websites
WooCommerce itself does not receive or store usage data but it does collect information about you during the checkout process on our store:
What We Collect & Store
While you visit our website, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for a minimum of 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who On Our Team Has Access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What We Share With Others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Information shared with a payment provider to process payments includes:
- City/State/Zip or Postcode
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
Our Contact Information
Nigel and Grace Liddle
Compton Grove Farm
West Yorkshire LS22 5DS
Co. Regn. No: 8354890
Tel: +44(0)1937 574201